Monday, June 13, 2011

Heading To Tampa

Saturday I headed to the airport and was dropped off by my family and Kelsey with suitcases packed to the brim.  Off to Tampa Bay I go for Toronto Blue Jays mini-camp.  I hung around in the airport until it was time to board and on the plane I went.  People sitting next to me asked why I was heading down and it was weird to say but I would respond with, heading down for work.  I arrived in Tampa at 2:30 in the afternoon and waited in the baggage claim for my buddy Chris Schaeffer who had also signed with Toronto, a guy I played with the past summer in North Carolina.  We got on the shuttle to our hotel and got something to eat, just waiting around until our meeting at 8 that night.  The meeting came and everywhere were baseball players, some drafted, a few not, from schools all over the country.  Anywhere from Auburn to San Jose State to Arizona to some small d3 schools were in there, all for the same reason, to play professional baseball.  We filled out paper work and headed back to our hotel rooms for the night ready to wake up and catch the 6:30 vans to the complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment